Press kit - Sorcery!
Press contact: Emily Morganti - [email protected]
official site : inklestudios.com/sorcery
platforms : iOS, Android, PC, Mac, Switch, Xbox, PlayStation
released : April 2013 (Part 1), November 2013 (Part 2), April 2015 (Part 3). September 2016 (Part 4).
original gamebook : Steve Jackson
writing : Jon Ingold, Graham Robertson
design : Jon Ingold and Joseph Humfrey
art and code : Joseph Humfrey
cartography : Mike Schley
character art : Eddie Shaarm
3d modelling : Ara Carrasco
android and desktop editions : Iain Merrick
music : Laurence Chapman and Dave Wise
Fighting Fantasy : created by Steve Jackson and Ian Livingstone
An epic adventure through a land of monsters, traps and magic.
In 1983, Steve Jackson’s epic gamebook series Sorcery! gave people a brand new way to experience an epic fantasy adventure.
Now, thirty years on, inkle, the master storytellers behind the groundbreaking narrative game 80 Days, have brought the adventure up to date in an unparalleled adaptation.
Spanning four interconnected games, players weave their own unique tale of adventure, daring, luck and cunning from a million words of dynamic content and tens of thousands of decisions.
Each part can be played separately, or strung together, with consequences of decisions that span the whole series.
IGN called the game “a prime example of what can happen when traditional storytelling gets along with contemporary game design”.
- Sorcery! The Complete Collection: Switch, PlayStation, Xbox
- Sorcery! Part 1: iOS App Store, Google Play, Amazon App Store, Parts 1 & 2 on Steam
- Sorcery! Part 2: iOS App Store, Google Play, Amazon App Store, Parts 1 & 2 on Steam
- Sorcery! Part 3: iOS App Store, Google Play, Amazon App Store, Steam
- Sorcery! Part 4: iOS App Store, Google Play, Steam
June 23rd, 2022
- Sorcery! The Complete Collection is released on Nintendo Switch, Xbox and PlayStation, in association with No Gravity Games.
September 22nd, 2016
- The epic conclusion of the Sorcery! series now available. Part 4 released for desktop and mobile simultaneously: Download links: iOS App Store, Google Play, Steam.
April 5th, 2016
- Part 3 of the Sorcery! saga released for PC and Mac, bringing desktop players up to date, ready for a cross-platform release of the final chapter later this year.
January 14th, 2016
- The first two chapters are set to release for PC and Mac on February 2nd as a single game, with Part 3 set to follow soon after and Part 4 currently in development.
January 11th, 2016
- Rock, Paper, Shotgun talk to Joe and Jon about the development of Sorcery!, and the journey from gamebook to open world interactive adventure
Screenshots – Sorcery! Part 4
Screenshots – Sorcery! Part 3
Screenshots – Sorcery! Parts 1 and 2 (desktop)
Screenshots – Sorcery! Part 2 (mobile)
Sorcery! Part 4 Trailer
Sorcery! Part 4: The Story So Far Trailer
Sorcery! Part 3 Trailer
Sorcery! Parts 1 and 2 for PC & Mac
From the press
- “a prime example of what can happen when traditional storytelling gets along with contemporary game design” -- IGN
- “Inkle's adaptation of Sorcery! takes the genre [of interactive fiction] to a whole new level” -- Kotaku
- "An utter essential." -- Games Master UK, Aug 2013
- "Sorcery! is one of the best games that this reviewer has played on the iPhone and iPad, offering a plethora of options and an excellent story." -- Hardcore Gamer
- “You should choose to own this adventure.” -- Eurogamer
- "By wrapping classical adventure writing in a thoroughly modern play experience, inkle has turned Sorcery! into a great testament to the power and place of text in gaming's canon." -- Destructoid
- "Sorcery! pulls off that most impressive trick, working as both a nostalgia trip and a modern series." -- Rock, Paper, Shotgun
- "The stories themselves are great, the interaction with the game map and combat scenarios are super cool, and the magic system just elevates this game to a whole new level." -- Touch Arcade
- "If you have any kind of interest at all in fantasy fiction or role-playing games, you simply must play Steve Jackson's Sorcery! It really is just that good." -- Gamezebo