Press kit - Heaven's Vault
Press contact: Emily Morganti - [email protected]
official site : inklestudios.com/heavensvault
platforms : Windows, Nintendo Switch™ and PlayStation 4
release date : April 16th 2019 on Windows & PS4, January 28th 2021 on Nintendo Switch™
development blog : tumblr.com/heavens-vault-game
twitter : @heavensvault
discord : Join inkle on Discord
mailing list : sign-up link
Uncover a forgotten past and decipher a lost language in this open-world narrative adventure game.
Join archaeologist Aliya Elasra and her robot sidekick Six as they investigate The Nebula, an ancient network of scattered moons.
Discover lost sites, freely explore ancient ruins and translate inscriptions to reveal the secrets of the Nebula’s past.
Decipher an entire hieroglyphic language in a puzzle mechanic with a unique narrative twist: every inscription you find has a meaning, and the translations you choose feed back into story, changing Aliya’s ideas about what she’s found. But be warned – you won’t ever be sure if your translations are correct.
The game has a non-linear design that allows you to approach the story in any order; backed up by inkle’s narrative engine, ink, which remembers every choice you make and every path you follow – and every path you don’t – and feeds that into what happens next.
A diverse cast of characters will react to everything you say, and change their approach depending on how you treat them. Some are kind, some are cautious, and others are out to con you – you have been warned!
- Totally unique art style, blending beautiful 3D environments and hand-drawn 2D art.
- Learn and translate the ancient language of the Ancients.
- Interact with a large cast of characters who remember everything you say.
- Journey through an open world where every action counts.
- Sail on the rivers of the Nebula - and into its depths.
- Be a thief, an explorer, a detective, a seeker, a saviour, a rogue...
November 18th 2021
- Two-book Heaven's Vault novelisation released
January 28th 2021
- Heaven's Vault is released on Nintendo Switch
March 19th 2020
- Heaven's Vault wins the Excellence in Narrrative award at the Independent Games Festival!
March 3rd 2020
- Heaven's Vault is nominated for Best British Game in the BAFTA awards.
September 3rd 2019
- Heaven's Vault is announced for Nintendo Switch.
April 16th, 2019
- Heaven's Vault is released for PlayStation 4 and Windows.
January 22nd, 2019
- New Heaven's Vault Trailer is premiered at the New York Videogame Awards.
Feburary 27th, 2018
- Heaven's Vault is officially announced for PlayStation 4.
March 7th, 2017
- Rock Paper Shotgun previews Heaven's Vault calling it "a stunning sci-fi archaeology adventure". Eurogamer calls it "fantastic".
March 2nd, 2017
- Heaven's Vault is announced at GDC San Francisco. Read more on our announcement blog post.
Official trailer - Nintendo Switch
- 30 second gameplay clip (PS4 UI) of exploration and translation in The Withering Palace, backed by a short section of music.
- 26 UI-free clean clips (no audio) of various features and locations in the game, as used in the official trailer.
- An extended gameplay video with developer commentary as recorded for IGN.
If you would like use the soundtrack for promotional purposes, please get in touch.