Press kit - Pendragon
Press contact: Emily Morganti - [email protected]
official site : inklestudios.com/pendragon
platforms : Windows
release date : Summer 2020
twitter : @inkleStudios
discord : Join inkle on Discord
facebook : inkle
mailing list : sign-up link
AD 673. Camelot has fallen. The jealous Sir Mordred has broken the fellowship of the Round Table with hatred and lies. Now King Arthur faces his final battle. Who will keep the dream of Camelot alive?
Pendragon is a character-driven narrative strategy game from the creators of the multi-award-winning 80 DAYS and Heaven’s Vault. Rally the Knights of the Round Table to reach Arthur before he meets his fate. Some will make it to Camlann. Others will fall. Yet every turn will change history.
Will Sir Lancelot be reunited with Queen Guinevere? Will she spurn him, or embrace him? Will Sir Kay ever forgive Sir Gawaine for siding with Sir Mordred? Can Morgana le Fay be trusted? Where is Merlyn? Who lies buried in Mordred’s graveyard? Who is the archer in the woods? What has become of Excalibur?
Secrets will be uncovered. Hearts will be broken. People will die. But maybe, just maybe, King Arthur can be saved...
An infinitely replayable epic – the Arthurian legend told and retold, with every discovery and strategic decision penning the tale.
- Journey across Dark Ages Britain to face wild creatures, brutal rogues, and Sir Mordred’s dark knights. A randomized game board ensures every playthrough is new.
- Fight turn-based battles with simple yet deeply strategic combat where position is everything, losses are inevitable, and every step permanently shapes the narrative.
- Experience story and gameplay as one: Pendragon’s story plays out turn by turn on the field of battle itself, driven by your decisions - and those of your enemies.
A legendary showdown – your actions determine whether Arthur faces Mordred alone or with his friends by his side.
- Choose a character to lead the adventure. Their personality will shape the story: Morgana le Fay is treacherous; Queen Guinevere is haunted by her mistakes; Sir Lancelot is French; Sir Gawaine is usually drunk...
- Assemble a ragtag band of knights, heroes, and peasants whose dispositions and abilities grow and change with the story.
- Live the legend: there will be love, suspicion, revenge, sacrifice and murder — and no one is safe, not even your leader.
Powered by the ink engine, the narrative technology behind Heaven’s Vault, Sorcery!, 80 Days, NeoCab, Sable, Where the Water Tastes Like Wine and many more, Pendragon is a digital storytelling board game of elegance, emotion, and infinite possibility.
April 2nd 2020
- Pendragon is announced.
January 31st 2020
- Pendragon is teased with a special announcement.