Press Kit - 80 Days
Press contact: Emily Morganti - [email protected]
official site : inklestudios.com/80days
released : July 31st, 2014 (iOS), December 16th, 2014 (Android), September 29th, 2015 (PC), October 1st, 2019 (Switch).
top awards : TIME Magazine Game of the Year 2014, winner of IGF for Excellence in Narrative 2015, four BAFTA nominations in 2015
directors : Jon Ingold and Joseph Humfrey
lead writer : Meg Jayanth
android edition : Iain Merrick
PC & Mac edition : Ben Nicholson
character and transport art : Jaume Fabregat
music : Laurence Chapman
1872, with a steampunk twist. Phileas Fogg has wagered he can circumnavigate the world in just eighty days.
Choose your own route around a 3D globe, travelling by airship, submarine, mechanical camel, steam-train and more, racing other players and a clock that never stops.
Every city and journey is narrated via an interactive story where you control every action. Will your choices speed you up - or lead you into disaster? Will you earn Fogg's trust and respect? Will you uncover the secrets and short-cuts that can shave days off your time? Murder, romance, rebellion and intrigue await!
October 1st, 2019
- 80 Days released for Nintendo Switch™
September 29th, 2015
- 80 Days is released on PC & Mac via Steam, Humble, GoG and Green Man Gaming.
- Fully updated for desktop, with a massive new content update featuring 30 new cities in the Americas, alongside major new characters and plot-lines.
- For more details, see our blog post.
- 80 Days on Steam
- 80 Days on GoG
- January 20th, 2014 - First teaser image released.
- April 1st, 2014 - 80 Days officially announced.
- July 31st, 2014 - 80 Days released for iOS.
- December 16th, 2014 - 80 Days released on Google Play and Amazon App Store. Arctic content update for both iOS and Android released that includes new journeys, including a dangerous trip to the North Pole.
- March 4th, 2015 - 80 Days wins an IGF award for excellent in narrative.
- September 10th, 2015 - 80 Days announced for PC and Mac.
- September 29th, 2015 - 80 Days released on Steam, GOG and Humble Store.
- October 1st, 2019 - 80 Days released on Nintendo Switch.
Screenshots (Nintendo Switch)
Screenshots (PC & Mac)
Content Update for all platforms
Part of the PC/Mac release, coming shortly after to iOS and Android
Arctic Update - released December 16th, 2014
Logos and branding
iOS iconDownload image
Android iconDownload image
Simple logoDownload image
From the press
Interview -- App of the Day
“This is modern storytelling that engages and delights, and the bold, stylish artwork gives 80 Days almost a graphic novel feel. Pack your case, armchair Passepartout - adventure awaits!” -- Joystiq
“80 Days captures the original text's wide-eyed spirit of adventure, its fascination with the technological advancements of the time, and the wonders of the world itself - 9/10” -- EDGE Magazine
“One of the finest examples of branching narrative yet created.” -- The Telegraph
“We’ve been dreaming about this future for decades. Guess what? It’s here.” -- New York Times
"For people who love high adventures and good writing, 80 Days is a voyage that must be taken" - The Verge
"A sublime video game to immerse yourself in" - The Examiner
"Rich with ideas, brilliantly written, and creates a world that you'll want to visit over and over again" - PocketGamer (gold award)
“80 Days is one of the most extraordinarily memorable and unique games I’ve played in years.” -- Pocket Tactics
More on Metacritic