Press Kit - 80 Days
Press contact: Emily Morganti - [email protected]
official site : inklestudios.com/80days
released : July 31st, 2014 (iOS), December 16th, 2014 (Android), September 29th, 2015 (PC), October 1st, 2019 (Switch).
top awards : TIME Magazine Game of the Year 2014, winner of IGF for Excellence in Narrative 2015, four BAFTA nominations in 2015
directors : Jon Ingold and Joseph Humfrey
lead writer : Meg Jayanth
android edition : Iain Merrick
PC & Mac edition : Ben Nicholson
character and transport art : Jaume Fabregat
music : Laurence Chapman
1872, with a steampunk twist. Phileas Fogg has wagered he can circumnavigate the world in just eighty days.
Choose your own route around a 3D globe, travelling by airship, submarine, mechanical camel, steam-train and more, racing other players and a clock that never stops.
Every city and journey is narrated via an interactive story where you control every action. Will your choices speed you up - or lead you into disaster? Will you earn Fogg's trust and respect? Will you uncover the secrets and short-cuts that can shave days off your time? Murder, romance, rebellion and intrigue await!
October 1st, 2019
- 80 Days released for Nintendo Switch™
September 29th, 2015
- 80 Days is released on PC & Mac via Steam, Humble, GoG and Green Man Gaming.
- Fully updated for desktop, with a massive new content update featuring 30 new cities in the Americas, alongside major new characters and plot-lines.
- For more details, see our blog post.
- 80 Days on Steam
- 80 Days on GoG
- January 20th, 2014 - First teaser image released.
- April 1st, 2014 - 80 Days officially announced.
- July 31st, 2014 - 80 Days released for iOS.
- December 16th, 2014 - 80 Days released on Google Play and Amazon App Store. Arctic content update for both iOS and Android released that includes new journeys, including a dangerous trip to the North Pole.
- March 4th, 2015 - 80 Days wins an IGF award for excellent in narrative.
- September 10th, 2015 - 80 Days announced for PC and Mac.
- September 29th, 2015 - 80 Days released on Steam, GOG and Humble Store.
- October 1st, 2019 - 80 Days released on Nintendo Switch.
Screenshots (Nintendo Switch)
Screenshots (PC & Mac)
Content Update for all platforms
Part of the PC/Mac release, coming shortly after to iOS and Android
Arctic Update - released December 16th, 2014
Logos and branding
iOS iconDownload image
Android iconDownload image
Simple logoDownload image
From the press
“This is modern storytelling that engages and delights, and the bold, stylish artwork gives 80 Days almost a graphic novel feel. Pack your case, armchair Passepartout - adventure awaits!” -- Joystiq
“80 Days captures the original text's wide-eyed spirit of adventure, its fascination with the technological advancements of the time, and the wonders of the world itself - 9/10” -- EDGE Magazine
“One of the finest examples of branching narrative yet created.” -- The Telegraph
“We’ve been dreaming about this future for decades. Guess what? It’s here.” -- New York Times
"For people who love high adventures and good writing, 80 Days is a voyage that must be taken" - The Verge
"A sublime video game to immerse yourself in" - The Examiner
"Rich with ideas, brilliantly written, and creates a world that you'll want to visit over and over again" - PocketGamer (gold award)
“80 Days is one of the most extraordinarily memorable and unique games I’ve played in years.” -- Pocket Tactics
More on Metacritic